Welcome to Triple-X!
Standing together to determine the terms of Triple-X work!
Triple-X in the News!
- It's up to sex workers whether or not to ask clients for proof of COVID-19 vaccination, says B.C. advocate, Georgia Straight, September 3, 2021
"Sorfleet noted that sex workers 'for decades have been implementing risk-reduction strategies for all kinds of infectious diseases that protect both the worker and the client.'"
- B.C. sex workers' group confronts stigma around STDs, Georgia Straight, July 21, 2020
"I feel this is a direct barrier to legal reforms that would make sex work a legal business and a direct barrier to a professional association for sex workers," Sorfleet maintained. "The Public Health Agency of Canada needs to endorse decriminalization of prostitution, because occupational health and safety is an important avenue to address STBBI prevention."
- B.C. sex workers' association says federal law kills membership drives, Georgia Straight, July 16, 2020
"It means we are prohibited from collecting annual membership dues and we're prohibited from recruiting new members because we would most definitely be counselling and encouraging people to work in the sex industry," Sorfleet said. "So it stands right in the way of sex workers being able to form their own association."
RUM 2021 Virtual Hookers' Rights Hero
Red Umbrella March for Sex Work Solidarity celebrated its 9th year with a virtual slideshow video commemorating the life of Margo St. James: Hookers' Rights Avant-Garde. (Run-time: 31 minutes)
The Red Umbrella March acknowledges the unceded homelands of the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh Peoples.
CODE:RED RUM 2020 Goes Virtual!
Red Umbrella March for Sex Work Solidarity celebrated its 8th year with a virtual slideshow video featuring the history of Red Umbrellas marches around the world, and the last 7 years in Vancouver! Soundtrack by Kelsey Lu.
Ontario Court Rules Sex Work Laws Unconstitutional
Conclusion : "I find sections 286.4, 286.3 and 286.2 of the Criminal Code to be unconstitutional."
Regarding the admission of evidence from the two Crown witnesses:
"I will admit the evidence. However, given the lack of impartiality and objectivity, and the inability of both witnesses to consider any position other than their favoured ideology, the evidence of the two Crown expert witnesses will be given no weight."
- R. v. Anwar, 2020 ONCJ 103, Ontario Court of Justice, February 21, 2020, Court File No. London 18-5872; Kitchener 19-236. Before Justice A. T. McKay. Heard on February 6, 7, 15, March 19, April 11, and May 8, 2018, and January 30, April 23, 24 and June 13, 2019
- Triple-X Workers' Solidarity Association of B.C.
P.O. Box 3075, Station Terminal
Vancouver, B.C. V6B 3X6
- Web: Triple-X.org
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org